38 Years of History
- Best of Yelp 4.5 rating or higher
- Started construction on a new theatre in Burbank
- Sold out New Years Eve show again
- Headlined 3 nights in the main room Comedy Store
- Performed corporate event for Toyota
- Performed corporate event for Leadership Summit 1000 College Educators
- 2015 Spectrum Award winner 5 star rating
- Third year of "HaHa's for Tata's" to raise money for Breast Cancer
- Performed and delivered food and gifts for the homeless living at the LA Mission for Christmas
- CBS News puts L.A. Connection in the top 5 for the "Best Improv Comedy in Los Angeles"
- Voted "Best Comedy Club in Los Angeles 2014" by CityVoter Hotlist
- Won 6th year in a row "Best Regional Theatre" by Talk of the Town
- Mad Movies book released November 2014
- Best of Yelp with a 4.5 rating for 4th year in a row
- For the 6th year in a row, LAC performed in the Main room of the Comedy Store (4 appearances)
- Produced 3 new Mad Movies for sale through LAC online store
- Had second benefit weekend of shows and raised money for Breast Cancer
- Sold-Out New Years Eve show for 20th straight year
- Voted "Best Comedy Club in Los Angeles 2013" by CityVoter Hotlist
- Won 5th year in a row "Best Regional Theatre" by Talk of the Town
- Won 3rd year in a row "Best Theatrical Producers" by Sherman Oaks Chamber of Commerce
- Created Madmoviesonline.com website showcasing all the Mad Movies TV series and more
- Mad Movies book being written for release in 2014
- Best of Yelp with a 4.5 rating for 3rd year in a row
- Booked 4 appearances in the Main room of the Comedy Store
- Created the Improv Hall of Fame inducting 25 adults and 5 teens including Will Ferrell, Matthew Perry, Hank Azaria and Josh Groban
- Matthew Perry came back after 25 years to watch our top show
- Had a benefit weekend of shows and raised money for Breast Cancer
- Ventura Blvd Locals' Choice Awards Winner 2012 "Best Comedy Club in the Valley"
- 2012 Best of Sherman Oaks Awards in the Theatrical Producers & Services
- Top Rated Score and Top Rated to Humorlinks line 2012
- Rosanne Barr's production Company, "Two Mamas" tapes our Sunday kids for a pilot about kids
- LAC voted "Best Venue in Los Angeles 2011" out of 224 venues on Mojo.myfoxla
- LAC voted "Best Sketch Comedy School in Los Angeles 2011" on VIZU web poles
- Top #1 score worldwide for Improv and Workshop on Monty Python's website Humorlinks in 2011 & 2012
- Sold out New Years Eve show at 10pm
- Booked 4 appearances in the Comedy Store Mainroom 2012
- Picked by Talk of the Town as "Best Regional Theatre" for the 4th year in a row
- People love us on "YELP" poster award for a 4.5 star rating in 2011
- LAC signed to have a book written about their cult hit TV series "Mad Movies"
- LAC celebrates 35 year anniversary for Improv Company
- LAC celebrates 30 year anniversary of live movie dubbings
- LAC Voted "Best Place to Laugh Until you Cry" 2011 out of 33 Comedy Clubs & theatres in Southern CA by Cityvoter
- LAC books 4 appearances in the 350 seat Main Room of the Comedy Store
- LAC is awarded "Best Regional Theatre" for the 3rd year in a row by Talk of the Town
- LAC dubs movies live on the second Saturday of the month at 7pm at LAC
- LAC kids are scouted by Ryan Seacrest Productions and 20 kids book his new TV series with Brad Garrett
- LAC develops second TV series with MPPTV Productions
- LAC headlines Saint Mary's College for the 3rd year in a row
- LAC sells out 2 New Years Eve shows for the 20th year in a row
- LAC is rated in the top 5 comedy groups internationally by Monty Python's Humorlinks website
- Second year in a row Talk of the Town award of excellence in customer satisfaction as "Best Theatre in the Region"
- Two time nominee as "Best Theatre Group for Kids" and "Best Kids Party Place" by parents picks on Nickelodeon's parentsconnect website
- Signed with Comedy Store to produce and perform 6 evenings in the 350 seat mainroom
- Signed with the Royal Laemmle 600 seat theatre to dub movies the second Thursday of the month
- Performed a second year at St. Marys colleges for new student orientations
- Signed with Mark Phillips Philms and Telephision to produce, write and perform in a new comedy TV series
- Mad Movies T.V. series celebrates it's 25th Anniversary as the highest rated (9.4/10) dubbing T.V. show or movie on IMDB
- LAC adds an audio and video recording studio
- Voted "Best Improv Comedy Group" for the third year in a row by myfoxLA.com
- Picked "Best Family Things to do" by Uptake website, based on 20 million opinions from over 5,000 local, travel and lifestyle sources
- Talk of The Town Award for "Best Theatre in The Region" for excellence in customer satisfaction
- Signed with Comedy Store to produce and perform 5 evenings in the 350 seat mainroom
- Signed with the Laemmle Theatre Chain to dub Reefer Madness at midnight
- Signed with Peter Giagni Managment, a former head of talent at APA Agency and William Morris Agent
- Segment produced, wrote and performed for TV pilot, "Embarrassed"
- Performed at St. Mary's Colleges for new student orientations
- Performed at Farmers Market Summer Program
- Voted "Best Improv Comedy Group" for the second year in a row by myfoxLA.com
- Picked by KABC-TV and Citysearch as one of the "Top 3 Comedy Clubs" in Southern California.
- Performed and headlined the Landcaster Poppy Festival.
- LAC adds second performance group - Sunday at 12noon with Comedy Improv for Kids by Kids
- LAC kids are featured on KTLA's Morning Show viewed by 100,000 people.
- Dave Coulier (Joey from TV's Full House) partners with LAC to develop content and talent for his new website CleanGuys.Tv.
- The site featuring all clean comedy is sponsored by Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Major League Baseball and Hockey, and the former CEO of MY Space.
- LAC provides content from Dub-A-Vision Clips, kids, teens, and adult improv shows.
- Five LAC senior citizens are cast for a webisode about Super Senior Super Heroes.
- The LAC Teen group builds to over 20 teens.
- The adult company grows to over 200 performers with weekly shows.
- LAC launches it's brand new website built by Safesearching.com
- LAC produces a new Mad Movie dubbing of the horror classic "Night of the Living Dead" opening to a sold out house and numerous "Critics' Picks."
- It is then recorded into two TV episodes on DVD entitled "Dub-A-Vision" and marked to LAC's Fan Club getting 6 "Critics' Picks" from the L.A. Times.
- The LAC Repertory Company grows to 175 members and the Kids Division grows to 32 members.
- Camp bookings increase to 90 per year.
- LAC opens "Comedy Improv For Kids By Teens" on Saturdays with a weekly 5:30pm show.
- Live movie dubbing returns to LAC Theatre with 5 movies including the world premiere dubbing of Arnold Schwarzenegger's first film "Hercules in New York."
- It plays to sold out houses and is held over the whole year.
- All dubbings again garner "Critics' Picks."
- Camp bookings increase to 70 in the summer.
- KABC-TV picks LAC as "One of the top 3 Comedy Clubs in ALL of Southern California."
- "Low Carb Sketch" opens to rave reviews.
- LAC partners with Cinespace to perform 7 movie dubbings "Live" on 7 Sundays between May and November.
- All 7 events get "Critic's Picks" from the L.A. Times.
- The Blob is featured in L.A. Times Magazine.
- LAC remodels its theatre.
- "Sketchbob Sketchpants" opens to rave reviews garnering numerous critics' picks.
- LAC featured on the cover of Valley Scene Magazine.
- "2001 An Improv Odyssey" continues to play to packed houses.
- New Year's Eve Show is again a critic's pick.
- Other notable sketch shows were "Steve's Garage," "Sketch Me If You Can" (extended run), "Sunday My Sketch Will Come," and "Sketch Gone Wild!"
- LAC signs with Dick Clark Productions to produce a new variety show for television.
- LAC's new sketch show "Best of Sketch, Director's Cut" is held over three months to rave reviews and sold out housed.
- LAC headlines Yoplait Yogurt holiday party and expands its Summer Camp program to 50 bookings.
- The LAC 25th Year Alumni show reunites Core One Originals Vic Dunlop, Taylor Negron, Cork Hubbert, Robin La Valley, and Dan Weisman with other Alumni stars for yet another L.A. Times "Pick of the Week!"
- "2001 An Improv Odyssey" opens to rave reviews garnering "Best Bets"-L.A. Times and "Pick of the Week"-LA WEEKLY.
- "Sketch In The City" also gets rave reviews with a "Best Bets"-L.A. Times and "Pick of the Week"-LA WEEKLY starring Cedric Yarbrough who went on to star in Reno 911.
- The L.A. Times said the show "is better than 90% of what is seen on Saturday Night Live.
- LAC books celebrity look-a-likes for General Electric Event.
- The L.A. Times picks LAC's New years Eve Show as "Best of the Best!"
- "Sketch This!" opens to rave reviews.
- LAC Headlines Intel's Annual Sales Event.
- Y-2 Improv opens to rave reviews.
- LAC's Kids Improv featured in L.A. Times cover story.
- LAC Movie Dubbing Club is launched.
- Reefer Madness is dubbed live at The Nuart Theater.
- Opened two sketch-comedy and movie-dubbing shows, along with Dramatic Improv and Longform Improv shows in repertory Fridays at 8:00 p.m. at LAC's theatre.
- Signed by Xerox Corp. for a second Comdex show in Las Vegas.
- Partnered with K.J. Productions to develop television prjects for the networks.
- Introduced the L.A. Connection Web Site.
- Booked hundreds of camps throughout Southern California for live shows and teaching.
- Opened L.A. Connection School.
- Repertory company grows to over 200 members.
- "BLOBERMOUTH" sold to England and Japan for three years.
- Celebrated 21st anniversary with alumni show and 21 new shows.
- Rep company reached over 170 members.
- Industrial shows done with the Xerox Corp. for the Comdex Show and Chrysler Corp. at the Paramount lot to unveil two new 1999 model cars.
- Developed a process for testing sitcoms through live presentations on stage.
- Headlined California Agriculture Councils's annual event.
- Continued to develope a new series with USA Network.
- Appeared twice in the Family Channel's "Home and Family" show.
- "BLOBERMOUTH" sold to Austrailia for three years; performed live at the Nuart to celebrate 15 years of Improvision.
- Signed with USA Network's Sci-Fi Channel to develop new half-hour TV series.
- Headlined annual meeting of PADS Software in Napa.
- Brought Improvision to LAC's theatre every Saturday-for the first time in prime time.
- Retained as consultant by Universal Theme Park Division.
- Remodeled Sherman Oaks theatre.
- Performed at a medical convention for the UPjohn Company at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Performed in Atlanta with John Waters at the "Incredibly Strange Film Festival."
- Dubbed "Plan 9 From Outer Space" for Nuart Theatre's 20th anniversay.
- Signed by Brookdale Productions to develop and write LAC's third feature film.
- Kids Division featured on CBS.
- "Movie Madness Mystery With the L.A. Connection" nominated for Cable ACE Award for Best Comedy Special.
- Opened the Star Power Conference.
- Developed national commercials for California Prune
- Performed at Price Pfister booth at National Home Builders Convention in Las Vegas.
- Signed by Arts & Entertainment Network to produce "Movie Madness Mystery with the L.A. Connection," a live movie-dubbing special that aired November 18th.
- Headlined at the Radar Institute's National Weekend Retreat in Palm Springs, CA.
- Opened the LAC Kids Division and a stand-up rep company.
- Headlined at the Southern California Cable Associationís annual event.
- Performed 13-week radio show on KIEV, 830 AM.
- Partnered with Mark Phillips for improv comedy game shows.
- Signed as regular performers at the Comedy Store.
- Opened "BLOBERMOUTH" In Los Angeles, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Chicago, Cleveland, and Florida.
- Celebrated 15-year anniversary of L.A. Connection.
- Premiered weekly comedy radio show on KGIL, 1260 AM.
- Cast members appeared on "America's Funniest People."
- Performed first Improvising dubbing to "Batman the Movie (1966)" to sold-out houses at the Nuart Theatre.
- Opened three new revues at L.A. Connection theatre in Sherman Oaks to rave reviews (**** from the Daily News)
- Signed as segment producer/writer on a Fox-TV special.
- Signed to produce "Deesville" segment on the "Into the Night with Rick Dees."
- "BLOBERMOUTH" entered in the AFI Film Festival. One of six (out of 2000 entrants/150 finalists) asked to show at Lincoln Center.
- MTV Network bought "Mad Movies" for three years.
- Completed production on "BLOBERMOUTH."
- Signed with VanGuard Associates Talent Agency.
- Signed as regulars on new Fox Television show, "Haywire."
- Began work on first feature release, "BLOBERMOUTH."
- Sherman Oaks theatre doubled in size to 99-seat Equity Waiver house.
- Rep company reached over 100 members in size.
- Produced 10 national spots for movie review show, "At the Movies," with Rex Reed and Dixie Whatley.
- Using movie dubbing process, produced industrials for Northrop, Baxter Pharmaceal, and Southern California Edison.
- Sold "Mad Movies" to Nickelodeon for a two-year run.
- Starred in second cable comedy show, "The All Star Comedy Hour."
- Began regular appearances at Ken Cinema in San Diego.
- Produced movie trailer for Landmark Theatres, to be released nationally.
- Made first of three appearances on "The Ray Martin Show," broadcast in Australia.
- Signed contract with Joe Wizan, former president of 20th Century Fox, to develop features.
- Premiered nationally syndicated television series, "Mad Movies with the L.A. Connection."
- Produced 26 half-hour episodes.
- Signed with William Morris Talent Agency.
- Produced pilot for "Mad Movies" television series.
- Performed first live movie dubbing of "The Blob."
- World premiere of live movie dubbing with the feature, "Cat Women on the Moon."
- Made first of eight appearances on "Entertainment Tonight."
- Signed as regulars on "Thicke of the Night" to produce movie-dubbing clips.
- Began improvision process with Landmark Theatres.
- First feature to be dubbed live, "Attack of the Fifty-Foot Woman," played to sold-out house.
- Performed weekly as headline act in new comedy club in Palm Springs.
- Produced second season of show, "The L.A. Connection Comedy Show."
- Costarred in comedy television special, "L.A. Showcase," with Willie Tyler & Lester.
- Opened second theatre in Sherman Oaks.
- Produced second season of show, "The L.A. Connection Comedy Show."
- Made first of several appearances on syndicated comedy show, "Make Me Laugh."
- Appeared as sketch players on NBC's "Super Bowl Saturday Night."
- Started weekly comedy radio show.
- Opened L.A. Connection Comedy Theatre at "Crossroads of the World," Hollywood.
- Voted "Nation's Best Comedy Group" on ABC Television show, "America Votes for Tomorrow's Stars."
- Started L.A. Connection rep company.
- L.A. Connection comedy group founded by Kent Skov.
- Performed street theatre on Venice Beach.
- Won talent hunt sponsored by "The Tubes."